This week’s Sentiment Survey special question asked AAII members how big of an impact international events are having on their outlook for the U.S. stock market. Nearly two out of three respondents (62%) said that international events are having no or very little impact on their outlook for U.S. stocks. Nearly 18% said that international events are negatively influencing their outlook.
Here is a sample of the responses:
- “Very little at this time. I am more concerned with the presidential election.”
- “The U.S. is still the best house in the neighborhood.”
- “I believe international events will only have a short-term impact on our economy/markets.”
- “None. The Federal Reserve is holding interest rates low, which is encouraging investment in equities.”
- “They have some impact as they impact our economy.”