As 2017 comes to an end, here are few observations I have I about what was a very good year for the financial markets.
- During the next correction/bear market, remember that the stock market is also capable of realizing annual gains of 20% or more
- Staying out of the market because you didn’t like President Trump or President Obama has been very costly
- You’re investing for personal goals, not for year-by-year returns
- If didn’t buy bitcoin early in 2017, question your ability to predict what it will do now or in the future
- A disciplined approach to investing always matters greatly
- If you get a tax cut next year, set up a direct deposit for the extra cash to go into a IRA (preferably a Roth IRA), 401k or other savings account. You’re already used to not having the extra money, so you shouldn’t miss it not going into your checking account now.