This week’s Sentiment Survey special question asked AAII members how inflation is influencing their sentiment toward the stock market. Nearly 70% of all respondents said inflation was either having very little or no impact. Many of these respondents described inflation as low or non-existent, while others think the Federal Reserve is keeping it under control. Approximately 8% say inflation is rising or that they expect it to rise.
Here is a sampling of the responses:
- “Not much. I believe inflation will stay within a low range and that will keep interest rates lows for the foreseeable future.”
- “It is not. At this point, I think a little inflation might be good.”
- “Very little. I expect a modest increase in inflation.”
- “Rising interest rates are more of a relevant factor for me.”
- “In spite of what is said, inflation really exists.”
If you want to become an effective manager of your own assets and achieve your financial goals, consider a risk-free 30-day Trial AAII Membership.