This week’s Sentiment Survey special question asked AAII members which industries or sectors they like right now. Roughly 26% of respondents say the technology sector, while 18% say the health care sector. Eight percent of respondents favor financials, 7% currently like the energy sector, while consumer staples, real estate investment trusts (REITs) and aerospace & defense tied for 6% each. There is a small percentage (6%) that say they don’t follow industries or sectors.
Here is a sampling of the responses:
- “Real estate. As long as the economy is humming and people are fully employed, demand is going to increase. Now, if only we could turn up inflation a bit!”
- “Some automotive, some tech.”
- “I believe in high-end retail like Tiffany’s or Nordstrom.”
- “It’s a growth market right now; you have to be overweight in technology and other growth names.”
- “I don’t follow industries or sectors.”
If you want to become an effective manager of your own assets and achieve your financial goals, consider a risk-free 30-day Trial AAII Membership