Investors Largely Comfortable With Current Valuations
This week’s Sentiment Survey special question asked AAII members how comfortable they are with the current valuations of the stocks they hold in their portfolios. Slightly less than one-third (31%) said they are comfortable with current valuations. A few clarified their responses by saying they are comfortable exclusive of oil stocks. Nearly 14% described themselves as being very comfortable. At the other end of the spectrum, 17% said they are not comfortable and an additional 7% said they are somewhat uncomfortable.
Here is a sampling of the responses:
- “Not counting the energy sector, I am very comfortable.”
- “Just fine; the dividend flow is more important than the daily price of the stocks.”
- “Great. I am buying stocks on the dips.”
- “Most of the stocks I hold are fairly valued. None are overvalued, but by my estimates, only one is undervalued.”
- “They’re high, except for oil, so I’m worried.”