The June 2016 AAII Journal is Now Available Online.
Feature Article: The Weiss Approach to Value in Blue-Chip Stocks
- Geraldine Weiss’ approach seeks dividend-paying, blue-chip stocks with attractive yields, growth and financial soundness.
Also in This Issue:
Applying Ben Graham’s philosophy, 25 profitable companies with cheap valuations made The First Cut.
- Stock Strategies: Uses and Misuses of Ben Graham-Style Investing
Buying deep value companies requires being able to cope with some discomfort; those able to can be rewarded for doing so.
- Stock Strategies: Micro-Cap Stocks Are Less Widely Followed, Offer Benefits
Micro-cap stocks may require investors to do more of their own research, but part of the payoff is reduced portfolio volatility.
- Portfolio Strategies: Why a New Allocation Approach is Needed
The traditional way of allocating portfolios costs investors significant wealth and fails to consider how risk actually occurs in the real world.
- Portfolio Strategies: Cash Flow and Allocation Strategies for Retirees
A reverse mortgage can boost withdrawal rates if used correctly; plus, why index funds can simplify decisions regarding taking withdrawals.
These funds, designed to help investors save for retirement, mostly become more conservative with time, but one has turned more aggressive.
Our annual member update highlights enhancements to AAII.com and diverse programming at Local Chapters, along with presenting our yearly financial summary, special member benefits, and academic research awards.
Members comment on retirement withdrawal options and getting families involved in personal finance.
- Briefly Noted