This week’s Sentiment Survey special question asked AAII members how, if at all, they have adjusted their investing strategy recently. More than half of all respondents (55%) said they are focusing on or have shifted more into stocks, particularly value and dividend-paying stocks. Slightly more than 27% of respondents say they have not changed their strategy. Nearly 12% said they are increasing their cash allocation. About 8% said they are taking a more conservative approach. Some respondents listed more than one than one asset class or investing style.
Here is sampling of the responses:
- “Recently changed focus to value and dividend-paying stocks.”
- “Moving toward higher-yield value stocks, but with a healthy emphasis on small-cap growth.”
- “Holding more cash than usual. Waiting for a buying opportunity.”
- “Have not changed. See no reason to.”
- “Moved more to cash. P/E ratios are about as high as I can stand.”
Want to weigh in? Take the survey yourself and see results online at http://www.aaii.com/sentimentsurvey.
If you want to become an effective manager of your own assets and achieve your financial goals, consider a risk-free 30-day Trial AAII Membership.