This week’s Sentiment Survey special question asked AAII members what they thought about the NASDAQ setting a record high record high last week. Responses were mixed. About 21% thought the new record high was a positive event. Another 5% said the record high was expected to eventually occur. On the other side of the spectrum, 21% of respondents described the record as a sign that the market has risen too much, is overvalued or is otherwise due for a decline. An additional 5% of expressed cautiousness about the stock market. Nearly 13% said the record high has not impacted their outlook or investing strategy.
Here is a sampling of the responses:
- “Money is flowing to technology for growth.”
- “It was inevitable. I’m fine with it.”
- “Another indicator that the equity market is very expensive.”
- “Disconnect between stock values and the real economy. There is no other place to put your money.”
- “It doesn’t affect my thinking about investing.”
Want to weigh in? Take the survey yourself and see results online at http://www.aaii.com/sentimentsurvey.
If you want to become an effective manager of your own assets and achieve your financial goals, consider a risk-free 30-day Trial AAII Membership.