This week’s Sentiment Survey special question asked AAII members what one thing they would change about the environment if they had a magic wand. More than one out of three (35%) of respondents said politics, particularly the election, taxes (many want to see reform), regulation and fiscal policy. Monetary policy was listed by 13% of respondents. Higher interest rates, more stable market conditions and oil prices were each named by 7% of respondents.
Here is a sampling of the responses:
- “The Federal Reserve would raise the Fed funds rate.”
- “Change the political environment; it’s too toxic now.”
- “World economies improve.”
- “Corporate profitability and growth, with an increase in hiring.”
- “It would be an improvement if there were better monetary and fiscal policy to add certainty to the world markets.”
- “Lower valuations or higher earnings.”
Want to weigh in? Take the survey yourself and see results online at http://www.aaii.com/sentimentsurvey.
If you want to become an effective manager of your own assets and achieve your financial goals, consider a risk-free 30-day Trial AAII Membership.