One in Three Survey Respondents Want to Change Political Climate
This week’s Sentiment Survey special question asked AAII members what one thing they would change about the environment if they had a magic wand. More than one out of three (35%) of respondents said politics, particularly the election, taxes (many want to see reform), regulation and fiscal policy. Monetary policy was listed by 13% of respondents. Higher interest rates, more stable market conditions and oil prices were each named by 7% of respondents.
Here is a sampling of the responses:
- “The Federal Reserve would raise the Fed funds rate.”
- “Change the political environment; it’s too toxic now.”
- “World economies improve.”
- “Corporate profitability and growth, with an increase in hiring.”
- “It would be an improvement if there were better monetary and fiscal policy to add certainty to the world markets.”
- “Lower valuations or higher earnings.”
Want to weigh in? Take the survey yourself and see results online at http://www.aaii.com/sentimentsurvey.
If you want to become an effective manager of your own assets and achieve your financial goals, consider a risk-free 30-day Trial AAII Membership.