This week’s Sentiment Survey special question asked AAII members what impact Brexit is having on their outlook for the financial markets. A little less than half of all respondents (47%) say it is having little or no impact. An additional 5% don’t expect it to adversely affect U.S. stocks. Nearly 21% of respondents believe Brexit will adversely affect British and European stocks. An additional 5% think it will have a globally adverse impact, while 4% describe themselves as being more cautious. Approximately 6% of respondents are uncertain what the impact will be.
Here is a sampling of the responses:
- “At present, there is very little impact.”
- “Brexit will be a major negative for the U.K. and bad for the European Union.”
- “Watching and worried but I suspect it will not affect the U.S. market as much as the European markets.”
- “Uncertainty can only make the markets more volatile.”
- “Maybe it should but it is not. Not certain what the impact might be.”
If you want to become an effective manager of your own assets and achieve your financial goals, consider a risk-free 30-day Trial AAII Membership